Air conditioners wear out prematurely due to a lack of proper maintenance. Ignored, the efficiency of the air conditioner worsens. Let’s highlight a few of signs that can forecast the signals for a worsening air conditioner.
7 Things You Should Check with Your Air Conditioner
1) Check out for ice formation on the coils inside and outside of the house. This may occur due to a refrigerant leak somewhere in the air conditioner equipment
2) Listen out for unfamiliar sounds in the duct work. There may be something wrong with that particular part of the duct. Examine the area and act on it accordingly
3) If you experience reduced airflow, do not adjust your current air velocity. First, examine the air filter and determine whether indoor components of the system are clean.
4) Watch for abnormal or frequent air conditioning cycles. Whenever you feel as if the air tends to be irregularly circulated, inspect the condensate drain and themrostat.
5) If you smell an odd odor being emitted from the system, have a professional investigate what is causing this. It could be a dead rodent or mold in the air conditioning system
6) Watch for an increase in electricity bills, which may be a signal that the air conditioner is not work well. It may be caused by a poorly maintained air conditioner overworking itself to meet its set temperature.
7) If the circuit breaker trips often, It may be a sign that there is something wrong with the electrical circuit or the air conditioning equipment.
These are some of the major signs that should alert you of a faulty system. Some of them you can repair yourself, but in case of doubt, call a professional.
Ensure that the thermostat is working well. If it is faulty, consider replacing it immediately.
Check around the connections of the air conditioner to see if there are faulty lines or loose connections. Tighten them up if you came across one, but if you are not sure, seek the assistance of a professional.
Check the filters and ensure that they are clean. If they are dirty, replace them immediately to avoid damage to the system.
Keep the coils clean. This is critical in providing the proper air circulation for your home.
Have a professional check and ensure that the refrigerant levels are whether they are supposed to be.